Many of you may do not know that if you are a GP sim user, you can replace your sim or you can also transfer your sim into a new sim. You can do it online or offline. In today’s article, we try to describe to you about GP SIM Replacement and Transfer of SIM ownership of your GP sim. If you want to do any of these, this article is just for you. Readout this article from beginning to end and know what necessary steps you need to take in order to do it.
GP SIM Replacement Details
If you are a GP sim user, You can either replace your sim online or offline. The minimum fee for GP Sim Replacement is 200 BDT right now. It may increase or decrease later on. There are some requirements too while replacing the GP SIM. You need some things like:
- Your NID Number which you have used to register the sim you want to replace
- Your fingerprint should be matched
- Your sim that will be replaced
GP is offering its user to replace their sim online for the first time in the telecom company’s history. But that is not currently available for all the districts. Online sim replacement is only available in the metropolitan area of Dhaka, Chittagong, Sylhet, Comilla, Rangpur, Rajshahi, Khulna, and Mymensingh city. For more details please visit the Official Webpage of GP Sim Replacement.
All About Transfer of SIM Ownership
GP users can also transfer their SIM ownership if they want to do it. The fee to transfer a GP sim ownership is totally free of cost. But there are some strict rules and regulations you have to follow. Those rules are given in the following:
- The donor (previous owner of SIM card) and the receiver (new owner) both have to be present together during transferring ownership.
- The donor needs to submit 1 copy of the passport size photo and the receiver must submit 2 copies of the passport size photo and a photocopy of the national ID card (NID)
- The fingerprints of both the SIM donor and the receiver must match with the election commission database. Otherwise, the SIM transfer would be unsuccessful.
- That’s it
This was it for today, we hope you got a minimum idea about the process on how to replace your GP sim or transfer the ownership. If you still have any doubts in your mind, you can simply share that with us. To share your thoughts with us, you have to use the comment section.
Leave a Reply